This Week in 5th Grade (9/17/18)
Favorite Psalm Project:
Students will be sent home with a sheet to fill out for our Bible lesson. They will need to interview someone about their favorite Psalm. Directions are on the sheet and due this Friday, September 21st.
- We will begin working on a persuasive 5-point paragraph this week.
- Vocabulary Test (Sign of the Beaver List 1)
- Caddie Woodlawn book test (We will review for the test in class.)
- We will be finishing up Caddie Woodlawn and beginning the book, The Sign of the Beaver.
- Practice spelling test (List 5, Rule 3)
- History Test, Raleigh Settles Roanoke
- Spelling and Dictation tests
- Flower Parts Quiz
- $1 Jeans or Covenant t-shirt, $1 ice cream
- Memory Verse test, Psalm 8:1-4
Book reports are due October 3rd. Directions and the form to fill out were sent home a few weeks ago.
Leaf Projects: Don’t forget to press leaves to dry out before mounting them. This can take a few days. Use the WV trees book as a reference.
Uniforms: Please be sure to look over the guidelines for dress uniforms. This can be found on the website. The girls have a completely different uniform from K-4. This includes the top, which is 3/4 length sleeve and a different fabric. Boys should wear the new vest Covenant switched to last year. This year students should be wearing all the components of the new uniforms. Regular uniforms- We have some pretty specific guidelines for shoes. Please see those guidelines as well.