Commencement – Please Join Us!
Our commencement ceremonies will be held on Saturday, May 18, at 2:00 p.m. in the auditorium. We invite you to come and celebrate with Covenant’s largest graduating class – Victoria Blankenship, Eden Bumgardner, Karleigh Collins, Ryan Davis, Grace Hagley, Clara Jones, Stephen Manns, Mackenzie Moir, Savannah Scarberry, and Jonathan Turley. Dr. Jeremy Shaffer will be our commencement speaker this year. Light refreshments will be served after the ceremony. We hope that you can join us for this special day.
Invitations went out this week to our Covenant volunteers. We appreciate our volunteers and want to honor you with a luncheon on Wednesday, May 15th. The luncheon will be held in the café at 11:00 a.m. If we accidentally overlooked you we apologize – please feel free to join us!
End of Year Responsibilities for Parents
To receive report cards, SAT 10 scores, transcripts, etc., the following is required:
- Delinquent accounts for tuition must be paid. Registration fees must be paid.
- Outstanding debts must be paid by Wednesday, May 22nd.
- Remember that tuition is on a 12 month payment schedule and payments will continue through the summer months.
- Lower school students – Report cards, SAT 10 results, summer reading lists and supply lists will go home with students on the last day of school.
- Upper school students – Summer reading lists and SAT 10 results will be given to students on the last day of school. Report cards will be emailed to parents Friday, May 31st.
Awards & Recognition Assembly
The Awards & Recognition Assembly will be held in the school auditorium on Friday, May 24th at 8:30 a.m. Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend! Student dismissal will be immediately after the assembly.
End of the Year Picnic
Our school picnic will be held on Friday, May 24th immediately after dismissal. More details will be sent out next week. We hope you will plan to attend!
Box Top Coordinator Needed
First, we want to thank Gwen Stoll for being our Box Top Coordinator for the last several years. We sincerely appreciate her coordinating this fundraiser for us and she has done a great job! She is passing the baton next year and we are looking for someone to take over as coordinator. If you would be interested, please email Melody at [email protected]
Summer Reading Fun!
Two pages a day this summer and your child/children can begin school next fall right where they left off in the spring! Teachers are delighted with the colorful Vacation Stations summer review books. This effective resource helps students retain the math, language, and reading skills they have worked all year to build. Familiar material, exciting pages and continued success! For more information about the Vacation Station, call BJU Press at 1.888.845.5731 or online at bjup.com.
Help the School
With summer approaching and the end of the school year, we want to remind you of several of our “no-cost” fundraisers that we participate in throughout the year. One will even save YOU on your tuition! Please take a few minutes to look over the following items.
- Kroger Cards – Receive money off tuition through Kroger Community Rewards – Families who shop at Kroger may receive money off their tuition by signing up their Kroger Plus card for the Kroger Community Rewards program. Just go to Kroger.com, and sign in with your Plus card and choose to support Covenant School through their Community Rewards program. You will just print off your Community Rewards donation report quarterly, send it in to Dr. Harrison and half of your donation will be taken off your first month’s tuition at the beginning of the next school year. Please contact Dr. Harrison if you need further information. Please ask your friends, family and churches to sign up to support Covenant as well.
- Labels – Throughout the summer, please continue to save your labels for Box Tops for Education, We also collect the Tyson A+ for education labels. We will collect them when school starts. (We no longer collect Campbell Soup labels).
- Office Depot – Any purchase at any time can be counted in the Back-to-School program at Office Depot. Simply ask the cashier to use Covenant School’s school number for the Back-to-School program. (They have a listing at each register.) The school receives a 5% credit on each purchase you make and receives cash back several times a year.
- Amazon – Place orders with Amazon through Covenant’s website www.covenantschoolwv.org and the school receives up to 10% of the purchase back to the school. The link is on the main page of the school website.
- Amazon Smile – There are two ways to support Covenant School when ordering from Amazon. One through the website but also through amazonsmile.com. When ordering, Amazon may ask if you would like to support an organization through their Amazon Smile program. Just enter Covenant School – Logos Ministries, Inc. when asked, and we will receive 5% of all eligible purchases at no cost to the parent.
- Land’s End – Use the school code number 900054297 when purchasing through Land’s End and we receive a percentage from all sales.
These are easy ways with no cost to you that help the school financially. Thank you for remembering the school in this way.
Yearbook Orders Due NOW!
Please make sure you order your yearbook this week. This is the last opportunity to do so. You can order online at: https://covenantschoolwv.org/donate/