- Bible- This week we will complete our study of Exodus and begin reading from Numbers. Our lessons will include Israel Prepares to Journey On, More Complaints, and Spies Search the Land. There will be no new Scripture Memory Verse.
- Math- The children will continue working on long division with a remainder, reducing fractions, solving word problems, measuring with centimeters and millimeters, and finding the area and the perimeter of given shapes.
- Reading- Our next book will be Stone Fox. This one is a tear-jerker!
- Spelling- The words this week will include Final, Stable Syllables [sion and [tion. We will take a pretest on Wednesday.
- Grammar- More work on Pattern 3 sentences which include direct and indirect objects. We will also work on verb tenses and contractions. I continue to see improvements in their writing!
- History/Geography- We are going to study major landforms, rivers, and lakes in both North and South America. We will review the North and South America maps for the rest of the year. I will prepare them in class.
- Science- We will wrap up our unit on Physics. We were able to utilize the Kepler Observatory and the kids loved it! I am looking forward to taking them back for some experiments.
Dates to Remember:
Feb. 20: Tea with Tumnus- The dance will begin at 8:00 Wednesday morning and will last appoximately 30-40 minutes. There will be a “photo-op” session after the dances. Please put on your dancing shoes and be ready to have fun with us! The children need to bring a set of china (plate, cup and saucer, and fork, knife, and spoon). Please take those directly to the cafeteria at morning drop-off and then proceed to the Arkives. Everyone is welcome to come down to the cafeteria and visit (and help) during the tea party. You will need to take the dishes and silverware with you at the end of the party. The children may be dismissed early if we finish before dismissal, but I would ask that you allow siblings to finish their morning. The children have been working very hard on their dance steps and I think you will enjoy and be blessed by watching them and being with them Wednesday. It is one of my favorite days of the year!
Thank you so much for all the delicious cookies, candy, and treats you sent in for Valentines Day! I appreciate all of you!